Non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) provides rides to those who need special attention while being transported to and from health care facilities. This includes specially equipped vehicles that transport passengers using wheelchairs, gurneys or stretchers.
- Non-emergency ambulances
- Full-size vans
- Must be modified to accommodate a wheelchair
- Must have 4 point tie-downs
- Must provide transportation for medical appointments only
- Vehicles transporting the physically disabled or individuals under medical care
- Vehicles owned by senior citizen centers, nursing homes, hospitals, etc.
- For-hire medical transportation service